Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ideas for dinner

One of my new favorite hobbies is cooking. I love it! There is definitely an art to the process, a rhythm and structure to be followed- or created. But beware to the person who enters the kitchen while I cook. I like to do things my way so watch out.

My thing right now is to find recipes online and modify them a little. The menu for tonight:

Pesto Pasta

½ lb pasta- any kind you like: bow ties, elbow, twists, spaghetti …

½ cup diced onion- give or take. I used about a handful

2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

1 tablespoon pesto

4 sundried tomatoes , cut up into so smaller pieces- I uses some that are marinated in olive oil and herbs already

1 teaspoon chopped garlic… about one clove.

½ cup shredded parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

**** The amounts are approximated- Feel free to modify as YOU see fit.****

Cook noodles as directed on package.

While noodles are cooking sautee EVOO, pesto, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper till onions are soft. This should take about 5-7 minutes

When noodles are finished cooking- drain and combine with above mixture.

Add parmesan cheese, and TA-DAH!!!!!!

I think this recipe would be excellent with chicken added to it or other various vegetables sautéed with the pesto… Mushrooms, asparagus, or peppers.



All the ingredients....



Bon Appâtait!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I will have to try it sometime. I love pesto. Like you said I bet it would be good with some grilled chicken or veggies. feel free to post any other recipes that you have tried that have been a real hit. I am always looking for new things to try and share at family events.

    ReplyDelete