Friday, June 18, 2010

I Made It!!!

What a whirl wind of a day!! I have been running on very little sleep today, up at 3, after about 2.5 hrs of sleep. I got to the airport at 4 :45 am this morning to catch my flight at 6:20, that didn't actually leave till after 8am. Given that, I missed my connecting flight in Chicago! Luckily I was able to catch another flight to Miami with enough time to catch the flight to San Jose.

Arriving in San Jose was not exactly the tropical paradise I imagined. It was dark and rainy, and there was a lot of hustle and bustle. We had to take a cab from the airport to San Pedro which took about 45 min and 45 dollars! After over 14 hours of traveling I made it to a beautiful hotel where I will stay the night, and tomorrow meet my host family.

The language is really going to challenge me, but I feel like I'm going to be able to get the hang of it. The money conversion is KILLER! Hopefully I will become faster at the conversions soon. Its 500 colones for 1 dollar.

There is sooooo much to take in right now, I'm definitely experiencing some culture shock. I'm sure that after a good nights rest and a shower I will feel tons better, ready to conquer Costa Rica.

Thanks for all your love and support friends and family. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I miss and love you all so much! I have yet to take some pictures, but I will soon I promise!

-A


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you made it safe:) I know you will love this exper. and you are very blessed with so much love and support from so many that love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you made it safely!! I hope it is everything you hoped it would be. I know you will get adjusted soon. You are in my prayers always! Just take it all in! Love you! Cant wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you made it safe!!!!!!!! I LOVED reading about your first day & thoughts. I can't wait to see pictures :) Post soon!!!!! Praying for you, always. I love you!

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to read about how your first day went and hear that you made it safely. I can't wait for all the updates and pictures to come. Hope you sleep well and are loving life!

    ReplyDelete