Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Sunday!

So today I made it to church- I was a little nervous as this was my first adventure out on my own. Liz walked down to the church with me. It's about a 15 min walk down hill. The only directions I got was "you go down the hill... go, go, go, go past the the bar and the pecuta (cracker) store. And the church is on the left."

As I was walking into the church, I was lucky enough to run into another guy from the states who spoke fluent Spanish so he helped me translate. Too bad this was his last week here, he heads back to Arizona on Saturday.

After church I did a little walking and came across a radome patch of green in this dirty neighborhood. I sat at a table there and read and enjoyed the sun... before it started to rain.

It was nice to get out of the house and do some exploring. I am enjoying the girls that I'm here with more and more. They are wonderful woman. Tomorrow I start my volunteer/ field work experience. I'm not sure what I will be doing, but I'll fill you in on that later.


This is my house :) I love it!!
The family that I'm staying with are the Bell's


1 comment:

  1. everything looks so green and lush:) your house is wonderful. were you able to understand any of church? thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete